Monday 31 October 2011

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everybody!

I've just had the most perfect weekend as my boyfriend, who I hadn't seen for 3 weeks and my parents, who I hadn't seen for 6 weeks, all came up to Sheffield to watch me play the Fool in the last night of King Lear. It was so wonderful to see them all and to be part of such a great play (there will be photos of my Fool costume and make up soon!) However, now I'm in the mood to get spooky and party!

My lovely Grandad carved me this delightful pumpkin head and got my Mum to bring it up with her, bless :)
I love Halloween, despite the fact I'm scared of everything from the dark to dolls, as it gives everyone a fabulous excuse to dress up! I'm off to a house party tonight and as I obviously can't show you what I looked like yet, I thought I'd give you a few sneak peaks into what I'm using to turn myself into a scary kitty cat...

COSTUME-
I still haven't decided if I'm wearing a black dress or a skirt and top tonight, but my trusty ears, tail and collar combo, that I've had ever since my school did Cats the musical, are the staples of my outfit...


FACE-
I want to go for a really dark and dramatic look tonight, so I'm going to use lots of my smoky 17 eye shadow palette and I will also be trying false eye lashes for the first time to get the cat eyes I'm after! I went for eylure's intense lash effect and I will let you know how I get on with them tomorrow. I've also purchased some black face paint so I can have a cute nose and whiskers and I'm also considering painting my lips black for a really intense and halloweeny look...



NAILS-
I used one of my trusty No7 boots vouchers again today to purchase another stay perfect nail polish in beautifully black, so I can get some eye catching claws out tonight. My Mum also bought me some cute Halloween nail stickers which I might use, I particularly love the cat and skeleton ones...


So that's my plan for tonight, I'm going to stop blogging now so I can start my lengthy process of getting ready and I will show you how it all looked together tomorrow :)

What are you dressing up as for Halloween? Have you been to or got some great parties to go to?

I hope you have a great night if your out partying or just in waiting for the trick or treaters!
Love Meg
x

5 comments:

  1. your costume sounds awesome!! glad you had a good time with the bf/rents!!




    http://lovefayexoxo.blogspot.com/

    LoveFaye xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Loves yours. Following. x

    http://katie-everythingandme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faye- Thank you! I'll show you photo of how it looked in a minute :)

    Katie- That's quite alright and thanks very much!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pumpkin :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe thanks Claire, we've had to throw him away now :( xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making me a happy bunny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs